With continued pandemic precautions and awareness of higher COVID-19 risk areas, some countries anticipate re-opening borders for leisure and tourism while some may be implementing or extending travel restrictions for non-essential travel. As we assist with private air charter for global flights, we remain committed to helping our customers fly safely for business and leisure wherever they are allowed to do so. Our air charter experts are dedicated to helping you get by any travel restriction challenges, and we remain extra-aware of any country-specific entry and exit restrictions for foreign nationals.
When handling flights for our clients, we pay special attention to travel advisories from the Center for Disease Control, as well as local or foreign government requirements. Based on your desired flight routes, we will always provide the best recommendations to help you avoid any inconvenience or surprises. Right now, some countries are allowing for essential or business-related travel for US citizens, under the right circumstances with approval. For countries with travel restrictions, documents required for entry may include proof of prior COVID-19 test, valid company letter, health declaration, a diplomatic clearance, visa or other special permits or registrations. Regardless of your group size, our air charter specialists help you to obtain any necessary clearances, approvals and permits for your flights and traveling passengers.
Over the past few months, we have flown our clients domestically and internationally, helping many customers fly where they need to, as well as repatriate citizens needing to return home. With increased safety measures and flexibility across all of our services, private jet charter is proving to be a safer and more convenient way to fly to other cities and countries during this time.
Here are some of the latest travel restriction details across the continents that you can consider while planning your upcoming flights. As restrictions and regulations are subject to change frequently or without notice, please be sure to check with local government websites for more details. We recommend speaking to one of our team members to discuss how we can help you fly privately anywhere in the world. Contact us directly with any questions.
- Entry restrictions: Closed to foreign nationals. US accepting only US Citizen (nationals, and their spouses or children), Resident Aliens and certain Visa holders.
- Business and essential travel: Allowed into the US on a case-by-case basis, with proper documentation and visas, and dependent on country of flight origin. Essential travel may allow for those flying for medical treatment, education and study, work, industry-specific (travel for public health officials, emergency responders, government & diplomatic travel, military-related), critical infrastructure support.
- Coronavirus measures: A negative COVID-19 test or mandatory self-quarantine is also dependent at the state and county level. Learn more
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return, while there may be varying quarantine mandates for those returning from CDC Level 3 (or higher) countries.
- Entry restrictions: Allows Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or registered and protected persons. Foreign nationals, including United States (US) citizens, can travel to Canada only if eligible based on essential (non-tourism) purposes or worthy travel reasons, and with special permission issued by Canadian embassy. Travelers flying to Canada must submit a traveler contact information form, submitted via the app or paper document.
- Business & essential travel: Foreign nationals may enter on a case-by-case basis. Essential travel may allow for those flying for compassionate reasons (i.e. duty of care, medical treatment or support, final moments or funeral). Travelers from the US may be eligible to enter Canada for purposes of education/study, work, industry-specific and other pre-approved special instances.
- Coronavirus measures: Foreign nationals with symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry. With or without symptoms, a mandatory plan to self-quarantine for 14 days is required for Canada.
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from Canada.
- Entry restrictions: US Citizens are permitted to enter with restrictions.
- Business & essential travel: For Mexico, non-essential travel (tourism or recreation) is restricted at the moment.
- Business & essential travel: No prior COVID-19 is necessary for entry, and US citizens are not required to quarantine. Travelers may be subject to health screenings which involve temperature checks. There may be movement restrictions based on the city/state, as well as area-specific interstate and intercity travel.
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. In the United States, quarantine requirements and recommendations may vary by state. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from Mexico.
- Entry restrictions: Mostly every island is open for business and leisure/tourism. British Virgin Islands are closed to foreign nationals, and Cayman Islands and Cuba have to be approved. Dominican Republic and Haiti is open without any restrictions for travel.
- Business & essential travel: For the Caribbean's open borders in the Caribbean, this is generally allowed and regulations may vary.
- Coronavirus measures: Foreign nationals generally will require a prior negative COVID-19 test to enter islands in the Caribbean. Some require a certificate of proof, such as the Bahamas. Some countries require for a prior 72 hour COVID test, however others specify a test from 5 to 7 or 10 days prior. It is important to check which pre-approvals are necessary per country, along with any health and entry forms. Some islands require a 10 to 14 day self-isolation or hotel quarantine, along with local COVID re-test for longer stays.
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. In the United States, quarantine requirements and recommendations may vary by state. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from the Caribbean countries.
- Entry restrictions: Varies country to country. Brazil lifted its travel ban, while the more restrictive countries currently include Argentina, Venezuela, Suriname, and Uruguay, remaining closed to foreign nationals and US citizens. Colombia, Ecuador and Panama are all open. A special permit is required for flights to the Galapagos, and visitors must undergo either a 48 hour quarantine on arrival or a 14-day prior quarantine on mainland.
- Business & essential travel: Chile allows US citizens to enter for emergency purposes, with prior approval from the Chilean embassy or consulate.
- Coronavirus measures: With increased COVID-19 risk levels in South America, it is recommended to check the CDC travel information for up-to-date regulations. Brazil and Costa Rica do not require any testing or quarantine for foreign nationals to enter. with prior COVID testing requirements.
- Return travel: There may be restrictions for returning from specific countries in South America, and restrictions may change at any time. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from South American countries.
- Entry restrictions: US Citizens are permitted to enter the United Kingdom with restrictions. There may be broader restrictions across the European Union and other countries for non-essential travel.
- Business & essential travel: Many places across Europe are permitting travelers from the United States and other outside countries for business purposes, including: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, France, Finland, Greece, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, and Switzerland. Generally, a company letter is required, and some countries do require a diplomatic clearance, or approval from a consulate or embassy.
- Coronavirus measures: For those permitted to enter the UK, a negative COVID-19 test is not required to enter, and a 14-day self-isolation is required. For countries allowing foreigners, a negative COVID-19 result may be mandatory prior to flying.
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. In the United States, quarantine requirements and recommendations may vary by state. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from European countries.
- Entry restrictions: Borders closed to foreign nationals include Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Syria. The following countries of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, and United Arab Emirates are open with restrictions and health protocols. Turkey is open with a visa or e-visa application.
- Business & essential travel: US travelers can enter Saudi Arabia and Qatar for business purposes (with valid business visa), possible test and quarantine upon arrival.
- Coronavirus measures: Anywhere with restrictions may require negative test result, anywhere from 48 hours to 96 hours prior. Dubai requires a re-test on arrival with hotel quarantine until results are available. Abu Dhabi and Kuwait require a 14-day quarantine. Saudi
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. In the United States, quarantine requirements and recommendations may vary by state. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from Middle Eastern countries.
- Entry restrictions: Hong Kong remains closed, and Singapore and Macau are restricted to only nationals and residents, allowing only some travelers from Japan, Brunei, South Korea, and select China provinces. Many counties in Asia plan to re-open for tourism. Maldives is currently open for all nationalities. South Korea is currently open with quarantine, and India allows travelers on a case-by-case basis.
- Business & essential travel: China, Japan and Taiwan does allow for foreign business travel, with 7 to 14-day quarantines, negative COVID-19 test and visas or local permits. Japan requires the EX or EX-R Visa for business travelers. For US travelers looking for entry into Thailand,
- Coronavirus measures: Prior COVID-19 testing and quarantines may be applicable based on country of entry.
- Return travel: US citizens and legal permanent residents are allowed to return. In the United States, quarantine requirements and recommendations vary by state. Our air charter specialists can advise on flying by private jet to and from Asian countries.
Our expert team of aviation professionals are available 24/7 to help you plan your private or company travel and ready to assist with your air charter needs. Contact us at any time with any questions.